Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Fund Drive for Cancer

I was  on Victorian Motto site and I think I hit Karma. My friend Jody, was told today that her sister who has cancer was not expected to live very much longer. She left work, packed a bag to make the long trip to California. She did not make it in time, I got the news early this evening that her sister had passed.
Read this and if you can help at all, please do

The fundraiser......I have been chatting with Gaynor (Stitcheranon) and she explained her bout with breast cancer last year. She has a personal web site for The Irish Cancer Society fundraiser....and in her words I will let her explain to you.




"The trek is organised by the Irish Cancer Society. It is a sponsored event and in order to take part we each need to raise 3200 euros. The Trek is quite heavy going, up a lot of mountains and it follows the famous Pilgramage walk, I will be walking the last 116 km to Santiago de Compestalla. This page has all the details. http://www.cancer.ie/get-involved/fundraise/challenge-yourself/trek/group.



I started walking under the advice of my oncologist: keeping active helps to reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. I was hoping to walk in ireland but the roads are very dangerous: too dangerous for a woman walking alone. I will be walking in a group for the trek which makes it much safer.



The money on the fundraising page ALL goes to the Irish Cancer Society. Any donations which come to me personally are again, ALL handed to the Irish Cancer Society: I obtain receipts which are given to the donors."



What I would like to do for Gaynor (I have already sent her lots of trims to finish the items she is selling to raise money)

is to donate to her for the next three months to help her on her trek. I will donate the profits (after material costs) on the best selling kit for each month. Of course I urge you to donate directly on her fundraiser page too. http://www.mycharity.ie/event/sponsorgaynor/

I have 4 new kits and I will be adding more each week. I have some nice red checked kitchen goodies that will be done soon (a whole basket of red goodies!)...as well as blue checks and stripes and black and tan. Lets start with the first one: Treasured Friend. I changed my pattern a little to fit this heart.

Please visit Victorian Motto site at
http://victorianmottosamplershoppe.blogspot.com/

Cancer is not just an American disease, it is a world disease.

thanks
Paula Shelgren






No comments: