Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday, April 29, 2012

I have been so busy with needlework since my last update in February. I am a serial starter and  proud of it!

I have started HAED Sistine Chapel, I am doing it as a SAL with the Yahoo group Over Oners, which I should state the members are so friendly and helpful, and a few of them I must say are enablers. I won't name names. LOL (For I have been known as an enabler myself!). I now have 27 HAED patterns.
Will I get them all done? No, am I worried about that? No. I am doing what I like to do, buy patterns and start patterns that I like, if I get them done fine, if not, fine too.
Here is a pic of all 200 stitches of my Sistine Chapel.

I did finish Butternut Road Earth Dancer of which I think, is my oldest UFO that I had. I am giving it to my daughter Shanya. It is at my LNS Heart's Desire now getting framed. I will  post a pic of it when I get it back. I also have Mirabilia Queen Mermaid there also getting framed. That will make 3 Mirabilia Mermaids that will be on one of my wall's in the frontroom. Eventually I will have a mermaid wall composed of all the Mirabilia mermaids.

I am close to finishing LHN North Wind. I am doing it on PTPlus Ancient. I love that fabric. I love LHN patterns, I have quite a few of them. Here is a pic of the almost finished piece. The snowflakes and snow are going to be done with beads.




I have also been working on BBD Wild Garden, I love the pattern, love the colors but I do not like the fabric that came with it.



I am on page 3 of Wiehenburg Coat of Arms. I love their patterns. I do not know why my computer has it in blues but I am doing it mostly in deep reds.



Here is  Cherished Stitches Halloween Quaker done on  PTPlus Discord. Marilyn asked me, "Are you sure you want to do Halloween Quaker  on Discord?" I told her, " Marilyn, who are you talking to?" " You know I am known for doing projects on fabric colors that are different from the norm".


After finishing Butternut Road Earth Gatherer, I thought to keep working on a old project as to one day, may finish all my old projects that I had started soooo many years ago. Here is Shepherd's Bush The Herb Gatherer, I have more done on it,but again my computer decided to leave the other part out and I am too lazy to rescan again LOL


For the last three years, I have been going to my LNS Heart's Desire retreat camp held every April. This year, the project was With Thy Needle and Thread, O' Be My Valentine. We painted these valentine candy boxes and decorated them with verses from music sheets, dictionaries, Bibles, added buttons, lace and it was really fun. I did  finish my box and stitched the pin cushion, I have as yet stitched the needle book but I will. Here is a pic of the pin cushion but not sewn up yet.



I am learning how to do the peyote stitch in beading. I have finished Grizzly for my son Matthew except for beading a strap so he can hang it on his rear view mirror of his car.


My next beaded project is for Sara and of course, it is going to be a Marilyn Monroe  piece.

LHN Moon and Stars done on PTPLus Fog, not sure if I like it on  Fog but will see when I get it finished. sorry about it being ragged.



17 comments:

Cindy said...

Paula we are kindred spirits. I feel the same way about my HAED's. I own over 50 now & have 10 started in my rotation. I don't care if I finish them I just enjoy stitching on them & if I want to start another I will.
Great job on all of your stitching.

EvalinaMaria said...

You have been busy girl!

Berly said...

Beautiful stitching!!

mab3500 said...

Wow a great number of lovely projects. Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

someone's needles have been smoking, great starts

Grandma Luvs2DP said...

Great work a great varieties of stitchings.

Meari said...

Wow, you've been busy! They all look good.

Anonymous said...

Paula your projects are beautiful!

Denise SA said...

Some lovely projects are you trying to enable

Linda M said...

I love all your projects. Your stitching is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

wow Paula, - you certanily have some wonderful projects on the go.

lynda said...

Wow Paula...you certainly have been busy! I love all your pieces...that PTP fabric is wonderful isn't it?

Sue said...

Paula, all of your projects are beautiful! Of course, I love LHN and the Quaker pieces.

Your fabrics are gorgeous!

Hugs,
Sue ESC

Katrien said...

wow, 27 HEAD! Congrats on finishing your UFO, your stitching looks great;

Carolyn NC said...

Busy indeed! Beautiful work!

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, Paula, what a great update. So many pics, and everything looks fab. I love the color of Discord. It's gorgeous fabby. You have great taste in color, lol. Keep up the good work. Oh, and I love your beaded grizzly. Peyote is pretty easy, but it's slow going!!

OctoberLace said...

Paula, you've got some great pieces going! Theresa